Re: G-Tech Pro

Date:          Mon, 23 Nov 1998 18:08:02 -0500
To:            scirocco-l@scirocco.org
From:          Jason <jason@scirocco.org>
Subject:       G-Tech Pro

Hi jason
I have a g-pro.  I got it from potterman $135  I like it.  It is real
useful when swapping perf parts.  You can see if it made a hp or 0-60
difference.  It is somewhat easy to use.  You do have to read the
manual though.  The hardest thing I have found is finding a place to
do the tests.  lateral g's are good on holidays when the mall is
closed.  Nice smooth tar lots of room to move.  Just don't hang out
too long.  I have found a few quit roads(untill I get there) for 0-60
tests.  I haven't found  a road long enough for 1/4 miles though.  I
have found a few spots but none are flat enough.  Like meze said you
need to have an accurate weight to get accurate Hp.  Honestly though
I don't use mine all that often.  Just when I get a new car or
modify it.
hth
questions e-mail me
Tony
ps jason was that you who had the old motor trend or car and driver
test articles of the 16v.  I'd like to see these.  I always wondered
what they said about the 16v.  The only prob is local libraries only

Okay-- it's approaching that time of year again... yes, the holidays are
nearing.

I'm in the market for a present... for myself. :) Looking at the G-Tech Pro
wep page earlier got me thinking... Mmmm.. I want one.

So, before I go and order one, I wanted everyone's opinions.  Is it worth
the $150?  Is it as easy to use as the manufacturers say it is?

Any and all opinions are encouraged and invited-- and cc: everything to the
list- I'm sure there are others who are wondering the same thing.

	Jason