Re: Rattles

At 7:07 pm -0800 22/11/98, Brad Sheridan wrote:
>  The other is a rattle that sounds like its coming from the center of the
>dashboard, behind the vents. It isn't that loud, and is pretty much always
>there.
>Brad

I dunno how likely it is that you have the same rattle as I did, but I
fixed a rattle that emanated from the same place as this one by relocating
one of the metal clips that holds down the plastic rain tray under the
hood.  Seems that the hood was vibrating against one of these clips and
producing a rattle that I could have sworn was coming from inside the dash,
behind the center vents.  Try getting out of the car and listening at the
base of the windshield...if your rattle is coming from somewhere in front
of the firewall you'll know instantly.

hth!