Re: Engine Treatment

In a message dated 11/21/98 8:21:32 PM Pacific Standard Time, emt@imcnyc.com
writes:

>  What's the consensus on engine oil treatments such as:
>  Slick 50?
NO
>  Dura Lube?
NO
>  STP Oil Treatment?
NO
>  Gunk Motor Flush?
NO
>  Gunk Oil Treatment?
NO
>  Marvel Mystery Oil?
NO
>  CD-2 Oil Detergent?
NO
>  CD-2 Oil Treatment?
NO  etc, etc?

>  My stock 2L 16V has over 75,000 miles and I want to keep the car for a long
> time.  BTW, small oil leak.

Running synthetic oil, even just dyno oil, and changing it on a regular basis
will introduce detergents to the inside of your engine.

Adding stuff will do bad things. Don't believe the hype.

Techroline or Lubro-Moly will clean up your injectors and such as needed.

Stay away from that other Yunko.

TBerk