Re: [tech] [grounding]

In a message dated 11/21/98 8:22:55 PM Pacific Standard Time, emt@imcnyc.com
writes:

>  Did I overlook anything in my grounding work?
>  (pre-fabed 4gauge wires bought from auto store at $6 a pop...)
>
>  Battery neg to eng
>  eng to chassis
>  battery neg to coil bracket
>  battery neg to chassis
>  battery neg to alt
>  alt to chassis
>  alt to engine
>
>  Thoroughly Cleaned contact points :
>  battery pos to starter
>  starter to alt

Just a wee bit of over kill. But too much is prob. not a bad thing. Some of
the connections you mention serve the same function that others are serving;
for example the connection from the battery to coil bracket is a chassis
connection. Having another chassis connection is not bad, but may be
unnecessary.

Note- the connection to the coil bracket is not meant to provide the coil with
a ground, it's inner workings are isolated from chassis/ ground

It might to diagram the system on paper, it might shed some light on things.

TBerk