Jumping Speedo needle....

I have an '82 VW  Rocco, and I noticed that the speedo needle starts to jump
down
maybe 5 to 10 mph at times, and other times back maybe 5 mph...but this is most
when
driving above 55 or 65 mph....
 any ideas ???
|   Etop Udoh        |  Southern Polytechnic State University [89-##]  |
|  P.O. Box 4234     |  HTTP://Personal.atl.bellsouth.net/~s_druid     |
| Marietta, Ga 30061 |       << s_druid@bellsouth.net >>               |
|     "IF YOU AIN'T GOT NOTHING, YOU GOT NOTHING TO LOSE..."           |