Re: Jumping Speedo needle....

On Sat, 21 Nov 1998 02:47:19 -0800 Etop Udoh <s_druid@bellsouth.net>
writes:
>I have an '82 VW  Rocco, and I noticed that the speedo needle starts to
jump
>down maybe 5 to 10 mph at times, and other times back maybe 5 mph...but
>this is most when driving above 55 or 65 mph....
> any ideas ???

You have a dying spedo cable. There are 2 cables. One from the tranny to
the OX warning light box. The other one from the box to the cluster. Its
hard to pinpoint which one it is that is going bad. 50% - 50% guess. Id
replace the longer cable first. Its easier to replace. If that doesnt fix
the bouncy cable, then its gotta be the shorty cable.
HTH!

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and