Another random question from a newbie

Has anyone ever tried making there own shift boot?
if so, could you send me what insights you might have, what fabric
you used, how well it worked, how difficult it was.
By the looks of it, it should be pretty easy, but i figured i would ask
before i tried. Also, if anyone out there is reading this and saying
"why would you want to do that, i just bought a great looking boot,
and it only cost me $x.xx which is much less then the amount of
time you'd need to put it" then i welcome your response as well.
as this might be considered a relatively boring topic, feel free to
email me directly as opposed to taking up list bandwidth with it.
thank you much,
Rob Luhrs
86 8v
rhl@student.umass.edu