Re: sway bars

> At 02:14 AM 11/21/98 +0000, Ryan Schuermann wrote:
> >I have the autotech hollow sway bars (biggest) on my rocco, alogn
> >with coilovers there is 0 body roll. if i take a 90deg turn at 60mph,
>
> What radius 90d corner?  That'd be determined by street width.

2 laners....4 way intersection with turn lane and 20ft radii

> >oh i have avo coilovers...and imean 0  bodyroll when i say it, the
> >tires will break before the body gives.(not recommended for
> >auto-xing)
>

> I don't get this statement - what is not recommended for autocrossing?
> Body roll is bad.  Limiting it is good.  Limiting it such that the car is
> so stiff that the car cannot absorb bumps is counterproductive.  There's a
> happy medium in there.  In my experience, the car gets too stiff from a
> bump perspective before all bodyroll is gone - I've put springs in my car
> which are too stiff for bumps, but not necessarily too stiff when things
> are smooth.
thats why i said not recommended for auto-x, nmy car is too stiff, and
i'll will greater it has less than 1deg of body roll which is rounded
down to 0. the car is 2" above the ground, ive got video tape of me
making tight turns and the car does not flex one bit..as evident by
all the stress cracks forming on the body...it sucks, but it's tight ,
and if youre into that sorta ride....im not just trying to make a
point that is is much overkill, which i plan to change soon.

I dont care what you think, you can't disprove me, again this is
following the same crappy thread of you have no oil in your
pan..wethere is was 0.1 quart of none that all pretty darn relatively
close to 0, i have almost absolutely 0 body roll, i break my 275-40
tires in the rear before my suspension gives.

i would think you need - camber because as you turn, your inside tire
will take on a positive camber if aligned to 0 deg camber.

 Ryan