Re: sway bars

---Anthony Pelletier <apelle62@MAIL.CAPS.MAINE.EDU> wrote:

> Hi everyone
>
> I have some handling questions for you all.
> I am debating what to run on my 16v.  I already have neuspeed springs
> I have boge struts (for now)  I plan on upgrading to the koni
> adjustables.  I am debating what sway bars to run.
> I know lots of people have the neuspeed or autotech bars.  how do ya
> like em????  also do you run the stock rear bar at the same time.
>
> also what about H & H specalties.  I have their pamphlet from water
> festl.  Their stuff looks nice.  anyone have any experience.  How
> about price.

> thanks
> Tony

I'm running the autotech bars right now, with koni adjustables.  No
handling issues at all, I really like the way it corners.  The only
issue I've ever had (and have had multiple times) is with the front
sway bar A arm brackets breaking.  For a street setup, I find the 22mm/25mm
bars working quite well.  As I'm in the process of building my ITB
Scirocco (yet another one), I'm strongly considering going with the
stock front bar (poly bushings), the stock rear bar, and an additional
H&H rear bar.  This sounds a bit extreme, and maybe it is.  I'll let
everyone know how it handles...I've got _way_ too many car projects...

==Brett