Re: 16v rear brakes & pwr str pump

I THINK (but I'm NOT sure- you'll have to check) that the brake calipers from a
QSW, a Jetta GLI (A2 chassis), or a Golf GTI with rear discs will work,
although some of them are slightly different. The Ebrake mounting might be on
the other side, or the bleeder nipple be in a slightly different place, but I
imagine you could make them all work. Don't believe me unless you think so,
too. I only think this from looking at them for a long time this summer working
at a VW garage. Maybe there's some key difference that will make them not work.
Oh yeah and Audi 4000Q, and 80/90 rear brakes look similar, too. I dunno- check
it out. Maybe I'm full of crap : )
    -Josiah
    '84 GTI (off the road for the winter)
    '86 Scirocco 8v (buy me!)