Re: New

---Gregory Wynn <n9544202@cc.wwu.edu> wrote:

> Well I just signed up for the list.  To start off has anyone ever taken
> apart completely a 16v transaxle.  The shops conclusion to the funny noise
> is that I am missing a tooth on the main shaft.  Over $600 in labor alone.
> Also if you have do you have any advice and did you need any special
> tools.
>
> thanks
>
> greg
> '87 16v

Welcome to the list, don't sit on anything you might stick to. :)

Funny noise?  Like what?  Whining, grinding, ticking...more info required.

Anyway, if it turns out that you do have a serious problem with your
transmission, you could probably get a different one for less then the
$600+ the shop wants to charge you.

==Brett