Re: Overheating Problem

Forgive any  ingnorance I'm displaying here , I'm new to list and
real start-up as far as wrenching.

I notice that your car has a turbo on it. Have you always had the
problem with overheating ? or did this just start ?

If you always had a problem, seems  like the natural cause is the fact
that turbos generate a lot of extra heat. Perhaps you can wrap the header
with an inslator.

If it just started, have you checked the obvious things like the thermostat.

One last question, The reason I joined the list was for information like that
of a turbo or blower intall on my 84'. Once I was in walden bookstore and
saw a book solely devoted to the upgrade and install of a turbo to scirocco's.
I should have picked up the book at that time, but my focus was on my 93
Mustang. Do you have a website with information about a build up or know
of one ?

Thanks all

James