RE: Overheating Problem

i had the same problem.  you should have a TWO speed fan.  mine would
turn on, but only on the low setting.  unless the a/c was on, THEN it
would go to the high setting.  but no matter how hot it got, if the a/c
was off, it would just spin on the low speed setting, even if the temp
was touching the red...  as a temporary fix (which always seem to become
permanent...  o-}>   ) i ran a wire from the relay that turns the fan on
high speed (it's on the top right of the radiator, looking from the
front) to a switch in the cockpit (i put it on that little secret
compartment next to your left knee).  when i close the contacts, it
switches the relay on and the fan turns on high speed.  this will cool
it off in about 5 minutes.

chris
86 16V scirocco

p.s.  look at who you sent this to: