RE: [tech][grounding]

At 02:55 PM 11/13/98 -0800, you wrote:
>I recently ran 4 gauge wire from the battery negative to the alternator, and
>this really improved my cold start ability.  On my alternator (stock 90A '88
>16v) there is a ground post on the lower part of the face, underneath the
>other posts.  I bought a terminal which fit this post (and the wire itself)
>from a stereo shop.

This is exactly like a kit ND sells, although they use a much smaller
wire(14-16 gauge I think). I bought this, and it seems to work well enough.
But if you haven't connected from the battery to the alternator yet, this
is one you really need to do. It seems to be enough to cure the common
problem of killing batteries(at least on 2 out of 2 87 16vs I've done it
on), and also improves starting a good bit.