RE: [tech][grounding]

> the coil.  Do I want one from the negative(batt.) to body?  Also where
> can I put the ground on the alternator?? TIA

I recently ran 4 gauge wire from the battery negative to the alternator, and
this really improved my cold start ability.  On my alternator (stock 90A '88
16v) there is a ground post on the lower part of the face, underneath the
other posts.  I bought a terminal which fit this post (and the wire itself)
from a stereo shop.

HTH

-tim