Re: Alternator mounting

I just did this to my '82 about a month ago (same A/C setup).

Did you ditch the A/C brackets?

I went the factory route and obtained a non-a/c alt. braket (2 pieces) .,
a no a/c alt. pulley,  no a/c water pump pulley, and a no a/c crank
pulley from a junkyard rabbit (no a/c).

I posted this in detail about a moth ago.

let me know if you need further info.

Mark . . .   (THINK VW) keep the non-VW posts to yourself!
Scirocco 1982, Golf GT 1987
Scirocco 1978
Previous Sciroccos: 1981S (RIP), 1980S, 1975TS, 1975
http://home.t-online.de/home/SCIROCCO2/mark.htm