Re: Alternator mounting

Ah yes this can be difficult and confusing. You need a special little bracket that
only came on non-AC models. It bolts to the block and holds the bottom of the
alternator. The really long bolt at the bottom goes through it. You will also need
the bracketry that holds the alternator at the top. Go pick through a junkyard and
get what you need.
    -Josiah
    '84 GTi (away for the winter)
    '86 Scirocco 8v (finally back in working order! and for sale)
    '87 QSW (daily driver)
    http://www.gsinet.net/~josiah