Re: [tech] Oil Pan and Cam Shaft Gaskets

cam cover/valve cover gaskets are full-on CAKE gaskets to do, but the oil
pan is a bit of a pain. It's really hard to get to the to bolts that are
between the engine and tranny and go into aluminum. you'll need a 1/4"
drive 10mm socket and 1/4" unversal joint, and it's still super hard. I
stripped out one about a month ago, and it's been leaking kinda bad ever
since.
I now have to drop the transmission and change the seal carrier.. ugh..

At 06:45 PM 11/10/98 -0500, you wrote:
>How difficult is it to change the Oil pan and Cam Shaft gaskets to get rid
>of all the oil hanging around in my engine compartment??  Note, I cannot
>take the engine out of the car.
>+ + + + BioHazard Communications + + + +
>      http://biocom.hypermart.net
>
>--

Kevin Fry .:. 81 Scirocco S -- Now with JH power!
      San Diego, CA
"If God had meant for us to use the metric system, we would've been born
with ten fingers and ten toes."