Re: Horn

On Wed, 11 Nov 1998 12:10:55 +0000 redrocco@www.gcj.net writes:
>I have been having troubles with my horn
>it sonds some times and some times doesn't
>i uncover the steering wheel but everything  seem to be right
>
>1. Does the Horn Uses a relay?
>2 in case yes which one is it?
>3 Any more clues

Typically, the brass contact strip on the back of the steering wheel (its
part of the steering colum) doesnt make good contact with the steering
wheel.

What I do is take some emery cloth to the brass ring on the steering
wheel (Just touch it lightly, doesnt take much to resurface it.)

Then I touch up the brass strip on the colum. Reinstall the steering
wheel and test it. So far its worked great for me on more than just the
VW's I own. :)
HTH!

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and