Re: [tech] Oil Pan and Cam Shaft Gaskets

In a message dated 11/10/98, 2:39:00 PM, brannigan.bryan@softhome.net writes:
<<
How difficult is it to change the Oil pan and Cam Shaft gaskets to get rid
of all the oil hanging around in my engine compartment??  Note, I cannot
take the engine out of the car.
+ + + + BioHazard Communications + + + +
      http://biocom.hypermart.net

 [ Funny this guy emails this topic from a biohazard address :)  ]

You can get replacement gaskets that are not cork but rubber based. Esp. the
valve r ( cam shaft ) cover- the OEM is a two piece affair but the upgrade is
to go with the one indicated for the Corrado which is ( I think ) made from
NEOPRENE, a synthetic substance. The dealer is clueless about this because
it's not in the manual so Contact Virtual World Parts or you local VW Dude of
Merit and get some new stuff!

I think there might also be one for the oil pan, not so sure about that
though.

hth,
TBerk