Re: Exhaust & engine problems?

In a message dated 11/11/98, 8:29:01 AM, mmages@gie.com writes:
<<
I have replaced the plugs/wires/ox sensor/fuel filter within the last 3
weeks, so it isn;t any of those.

I think the 2 are interrelated, but I don;t know enough about the
machinations of the exhaust/engine relationsship to go any farther....

Seeking enlightenment

Mark
84 8v
new axle, springs, shocks, struts and a whole bunch of other shit
and a moderately empty wallet

Question; Did you replace the plugs and such before the problem or as an
atempt to fix the problem. The reason I ask is it sounds like you air/fuel and
or timing might be off now compared to before. The sound affects sound like my
1.7L did before I had ND do a 'dail-in' during a smog check. ( I had them
tweak the timing and a/f ratio because the car was new to me and I wanted to
get off on the right foot.  )

Sounds like it's over-rich and tha'ts the popping you hear, unburnt fuel
getting past the cylinders. MNight help to get a shop to hook it up to a gas
analyzer 'thingy' and adjust to spec.

hth,
TBerk