Re: My newest toy(somewhat scirocco related, honest!)

Hmmm I've always done the adjustment with the 13mm nut up at the front of the
shift rod... I don't think you can adjust it with that 10mm nut. If you can, I
don't understand how.
Definitely shift adjustment, though. What's happening is that you can't find
first without pressing down and partway towards reverse, right? Like someone
else said, definitely tighten up your linkage before you adjust... I had a
linkage adjustment issue on a customer car today, and installed a bunch of
bushings, and turned out that I didn't actually have to do any adjusting,
tightening up the linkage did the job.
If you do need to adjust the linkage, just get under the car and check out the
clamp at the front of the shift rod. It's clamped down with a 13mm nut. If you
stare at it long enough and visualize stuff, it'll become clear to you how to
adjust it. It's a PITA unless you have two people or really tight linkage.
    -Josiah