Re: My newest toy(somewhat scirocco related, honest!)

In a message dated 11/9/98 6:29:51 PM Pacific Standard Time, zach@discover-
net.net writes:

> First, I can't seem to find first gear. Any advice on how to
>  figure out WTF? This is the main problem with it, and it's kinda
>  irritating.

The gear linkage bushings need replacing- don't argue, just do it. ($15
appox.). Now as to actually fixing the problem: Most of the "Can't get into
gear" problems, those not related to the bushings, are fixed by adjusting the
shifter mech. This is usually a two person job as one holds it and one adjusts
and retightens the two bolts. Possible to do alone with some jig I've heard
of. If you ask your brother he might want the car back when he sees how easy
the fix was.   :)

Anytime I get a 'new' car for cheap I figure I should double the money spent
immediately in improvments/reconditioning. Do it now and get it behind you,
you'll thank your self down the road.

Dems my thinkins,
TBerk