Re: Re-installing motor (Help)

At 08:40 AM 11/9/1998 -0500, Mark A Peele wrote:
>My damn Bentley fell short here too!

My Haynes did, too...

>If you have A/C, there probably is no notch in the crankshaft pully (this
>was true on my '82).

On my '81, also.

>You will have to use the distributor/flywheel/#1 piston at tdc method to
>align the engine (can someone more eloquent elaborate?)

Heh!  I don't know about the "eloquent" bit, but I just did it, so I'll
try.  Here's what *I* did, with help from the list  (:->):

(All the steps below need to be done with the timing belt off.)

1.  Turn the cam pulley 'till the notch is even with the cylinder head,
like it says in the manual;
2.  Turn the intermediate shaft pulley until the distributor's rotor button
points at the #1 plug;
3.  Slowly, with much cursing and aggravation, turn the crank pulley until
the timing mark is aligned 	with the pointer in the housing (visible with
the plastic plug removed).

That last little item will take more time, and require more cursing, than
any of the others.  I'll be glad to send you a list of brand-new swear
words I made up while doing mine, if it'll help any.

4.  After it starts, get out some good beer and celebrate!  (Just don't
drive.)

Carlye Fitzgerald (Carlee)