Re: cam redline?

I've never heard of a web cam, but with my G-grind i take it up to 7000 a
lot, and it runs great. It doesn't make anymore power past there, so it's
not worth it to rev any higher

At 08:04 AM 11/6/98 -0800, you wrote:
>hey people, quick question for those in the know about cams.  a buddy
>of mine has a Web 272º in his 8V rocco.  he tells me that he can wind it
>out past 7000rpm.  this makes sense to me until i think about the cars'
>preset redline...
>
>	why doesn't the rev-limiter kick in at 6250 (or whatever an 8V redline
>is)?  does that mean that when i get my schrick 260ºs or 268ºs i'll be
>able to rev it out to 8000?
>
>	btw, ever hear of a web cam?  good, bad, ugly?  thanks.
>
>jason
>the mad bastard
>
>--

Kevin Fry .:. 81 Scirocco S -- Now with JH power!
      San Diego, CA
"If God had meant for us to use the metric system, we would've been born
with ten fingers and ten toes."