RE: cam redline?

the mad bastard wrote:
>hey people, quick question for those in the know about cams.  a buddy
>of mine has a Web 272º in his 8V rocco.  he tells me that he can wind it
>out past 7000rpm.  this makes sense to me until i think about the cars'
>preset redline...
>	why doesn't the rev-limiter kick in at 6250 (or whatever an 8V redline
>is)?  does that mean that when i get my schrick 260ºs or 268ºs i'll be
>able to rev it out to 8000?
>	btw, ever hear of a web cam?  good, bad, ugly?  thanks.
>
>jason
>the mad bastard

Jason,
Is your buddy's car a CIS-E or CIS? I was under the impression that the
CIS system is purely mechanical and therefore has no rev-limiter.  I was
also under the impression that cams don't have as much an effect on
increasing redline RPM's as do the springs and valvetrain. (stiffer
springs, lighter valvetrain means that the valves are "quicker" and so
will be able to handle higher RPM's)
Of course, these are just my impressions, so if I'm wrong, please someone
correct me.

I have heard nothing on web cams.

Jonas
85 Scirocco