Re: crossmember musings...

On Tue, 20 Jan 1998 22:49:38 -0800 the mad bastard <stoopid@idirect.com>
writes:

>    Do you see what I mean?  Maybe if they were angled, that might
>help as well.
>
>    So whaddya think?  Might that not offer some rigidity to the
>crossmember?
>
>jason
>the mad bastard

I see what your trying to do but its still gonna be weak due the the fact
its not directly tied into the chassis. I think your making more work for
yourself is all. You could try it, but I think its not worth it IMHO.
I did see a trick front motormount when I was at Eurosport getting my GLi
tranny rebuilt recently. Basically it was a custom made mount that used a
passenger side motor mount that bolted into the fromt mount location.
Very trick!

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and