Re: parts compatability

On Tue, 20 Jan 1998 21:56:09 +0000 "Ryan Schuermann" <rts@phoenix.net>
writes:
>after get a ya and a nay on this subject I thought i'd bring it to
>the list.
>
>the 8v Scirocco, 8v golf(gti) and rabbit(cabby) frames are all the
>same dimension right?

No. The cabby is A1 and the Golf is A2.

>i can use swaybars and stressbars interchangeably right?

No. The A2 front swaybar is too short.

>Can I also use a lower stress, and swaybars
>from a 16v scirocco or gti on a rabbit?

You CAN use the swaybars and stressbars from a Scirocco. A1 technology
working for you there.

>does the 16v rear axle..or
>maybe just the spindles bolt up to do a rear disc conversion on a
>cabby drummed car?

Yup, because why? Thats right, its an (sing it with me kids) A1 car...

>Reason is, I'd really LOVE to pick up a
>totalled scirocco 16v complete, and transplant the rear brakes,
>sway bars and lower front stress bar, then eventually the complete
>16v engine bay to my cabby. Is most of this direct bolt on?
>
>Ryan

Yup, yup and.... yup.

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and