parts compatability

after get a ya and a nay on this subject I thought i'd bring it to
the list.

the 8v Scirocco, 8v golf(gti) and rabbit(cabby) frames are all the
same dimension right? i can use swaybars and stressbars
interchangeably right? Can I also use a lower stress, and swaybars
from a 16v scirocco or gti on a rabbit? does the 16v rear axle..or
maybe just the spindles bolt up to do a rear disc conversion on a
cabby drummed car? Reason is, I'd really LOVE to pick up a
totalled scirocco 16v complete, and transplant the rear brakes,
sway bars and lower front stress bar, then eventually the complete
16v engine bay to my cabby. Is most of this direct bolt on?

Ryan