Re: injection question, quick update, [longish]

>    The car idles strangely.  That is to say that when I start it up and
>let it idle, no problem.  But after I drive it around for seemingly any
>amount of time, the idle goes down to about 450 rpm and fluctuates
>between that and 900rpm.  Odd.  It will do this for 10 seconds or 10
>minutes.  Sometimes it'll stop, sometimes not.
>
>    The cycle of rev is about every 2 seconds, like someone is giving
>gas a little before taking off from a stop (this analogy may not work
>for everyone).  I dunno, it bothers me, and it has stalled a couple of
>times as a result. So if anyone can offer me any advice, I'm all ears.

Have you been able to check the mixture with a dwell meter or CO device? In
addition, I guess the usual would be the cleaning of the air meter and
throttle body, vacuum leaks (including possible leaks from a tear in the
boots that attach to the throttle body and top of the air meter), injector
seals. Also a little tune up; plugs, wires, cap 'n rotor, fuel filter, air
filter, and O2 sensor.

CIS is extremely sensitive, so all of these items really have to be in good
condition. Vacuum leaks are probably the worst.

Sorry to hear about the break in. Gotta find them "damn bastards" and stick
their tongue on the catalyter converter after a one hour drive, sizzle,
sizzle.

Good luck.
Paul Hanley