Re: chassis designations - decipher please. (a1,a2,a3..)

On Fri, 16 Jan 1998 07:56:27 -0500 scirocco.gti@juno.com (Mark Peele)
writes:
>Not again!
>
>We went through this last year. The only designation "official" VW
>uses is A1, A2, A3, etc. I have never seen VW use Mk-anything.

I don't know about the rest of you, (I'd never insult any of you by
trying to think for you.) but I don't much care what VW calls the car.
Not that it doesnt matter or anything either, it does. What I mean is
that many more people than  this list call it by its body style MK-I &
MK-II ect. If someone were to say SI and SII, id still know exactly what
they were talking about.

>With all due respect, on this list and in the context of this list
>(SCIROCCO) we use (and will continue to use) for the sake of
>keystrokes MK1 for the 1974-1981 Scirocco (A1 chassis) and MK2 for the
>1982-1992 Scirocco (A1 chassis).

Either way, it doesnt matter to me. Even if someone posted that they have
a 80, id still know what it is. I think the key to a successful posting
is again, back to my rant a few months ago, include as much detail as
possible about the problem or the question you have. The more details
that we can be thinking about as to the problem, the faster your problem
will be over. (That's IF we can actually solve the problem.)

>So please be nice to Shawn and the rest of us    :)

HEY! Who's not being nice to me?? WHY I AUGHTA.......

PAUL??

Naw, Paul loves me, he'd never be mean to me. (Maybe a bit jealous
maybe?)

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and