Re: chassis designations - decipher please. (a1,a2,a3..)

<vwfan53@yahoo.com>
> writes:
>
> >Ok, the subject with my biggest pet-peeve.  Right Shawn?
>
> Yup...
>

> >-snip-
> > So if you own a Scirocco its an A1/MkI in either a SI or SII body
> >style.  Shawn change your shirts ;-).
>

> I beg to differ. (I don't know what that means, just sounded like it
> would sound good there.) At least 3 different books ive picked up
all say
> MK-I and MK-II just like us. Whether or not its right or wrong, I
could
> care less but I do know that im not the only one calling it that
way. (So
> im not that big of an idiot!)

Name the 3 books ;-).  I am telling you it all started as a typo.
Where is Potterman the God of useless VW Trivia.  The Scirocco has 1
chasis style and 2 body styles.  According to MY books of European
author & decent etc, a MkII is a 1984.5->1992 Golf/Jetta.

But feel free to call it whatever you want.  For any newbies out there
keep what I said in mind when ordering parts from places who simply
denote A or Mk classifications.  Honestly, I could really careless.
Just like being an anal German sometimes.  Hupen Verboten!

Mochten Sie etwas trinken,

==
-Paul
http://home1.gte.net/vwfan
90 Audi 90 Quattro 20v
87 Scirocco 16v E-Stock
87 Jetta GLi
63 Bug Sunroof
"Friends don't let friends drive MINI-VANS!!!!"