Re: Bugworld A3 2.0 Kit for Mk1s

On Thu, 15 Jan 1998 08:22:33 -0500 John Ryland
<John.Ryland@mail.sscoop.com> writes:
>Anyone who might be interested in putting an A3 2.0 liter into an early
>car might want to read the following. It's a copy of the message I sent
>to Bugworld and their response to me. The part about power steering is
>new to me. Anyone have any comments?

What he's saying is that the motor he would ship to you is configured to
use Power Steering. If you don't want, or don't have PS, then you would
need to change the pulleys. That's all that is.
One more thing, just something one day while I was at Buttonwillow
raceway. I was watching a black MK-I Scirocco run around the track. It
was quiet. Too quiet in fact. Until he would begin to brake going into
turn one, id hear a little chirp..
After about 4 laps, I determined that he had a turbo in his car.
Anyways, long story short, when he came into the pits, I approached him
and spoke to him about his car. Sure enough he had a little Rajay turbo
under the hood. Nothing fancy. Then I noticed his upper stressbar.
Neuspeed of course. Nothing odd about that. Then I noticed his throttle
cable. This was odd because the cable was routed like a regular cable,
mounted to the stock location on top of the valve cover. The cable went
up and over the upper stress bar and connected to the throttle body. Odd,
it was rubbing ON the upper stress bar. Why do you think that was
happening kids?? That's right, he's got a 2.0L tall block in there!
So, the point to my very short story is, if you plan to use an upper
stressbar, it WILL be rubbed on by the throttle cable.
HTH!

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and