[F-Crossmember][H2o Temp problem]

Okay, everyone might remember my postings about my cracked
front crossmember,  I have located one and have a few new
questions.

1. He wants $125 for it, is it too much? he says its
in good condition and it is already cut out of the car
(87 16v).  He also said that the 8v and 16v crossmembers
were different (I say this because I originaly wanted to
get one out of an 8v to be sure it didn't have the stress
of a 16v pushing on it).

2.  When I goto cut out the old one how do I know if the
uni-body will not be twisted when I put the new one it?
(I was thinking that all I need to do is have it on a level
surface)

3. I just (5 months ago) replaced my water pump and flushed
the rad, but the funny thing is it is running hotter in winter
than it did in summer (when I replaced it) ??  Could it be the
NAPA thermostat I used? (please go easy on me :).  Or is the
coolent cap bad? I also havea few "small" leaks, one on the
coolent level sensor, and one somewhere by the fan switch on
the rad.  So vote on which one you think it is :).

What kind of difference you ask?  In the summer on the highway
it was smack dab over the LED, now its 3/4 of the way all the
time.

Etrik