RE: oil pressure questions

I was under the impression that 100-120c was the optimum temp range for
oil to be in.  Is this wrong?

BTW.  We replaced the coolant-to-oil cooler in the ProRally Rabbit
because we found that we had to slow down to keep the oil under 150c on
longer stages.  We did get the oil up to where about 160c would be on a
few of occasions without disastrous consequences as far as we know
anyway.  Oil Pressure stayed reasonable etc.(15W50 synthetic)  The new
cooler helped although things still warm up.  BUT, The oil doesn't like
to get above about 80c now during normal driving.  IMHO, you don't need
a different cooler, but if you want one, make sure the adapter sandwich
plate has some sort of thermostat and find out at what temp it is
supposed to open.

FWIW
Damien