Re: oil pressure questions

]
]]I assume you are talking about replacing the factory oil cooler that came
]]on your car with a non-coolant based oil cooler.
]]
]]I have several tech articles whic I could mail you on this.
]]
]]Big question is - Why do you want to replace the factory oil cooler?

Correct.  I want to replace the factory coolant to oil cooler.  I've never had
any problems with it other thatn the fact that I regularly see 110 c. during
hard summer driving.  I figured that an air oil cooler would give me an extra
margin and keep the oil in the 90-100 range.  I've never read any pros or cons
on using a air cooler in a 16v, so I thought it wise to seek out advise from
the pros on this list.  It seems that this would be a good mod for my engine as
it is extremely high mileage and let's just say I enjoy driving it.

original post:

]
]]I am planning on putting a oil pressure guage in my 88 16v, and have a
]]few
]]questions:
]]
]]1. I know the lower limit is 2 bar for the PL engine, but whats the upper
]]threshold?  What do you guys with pressure gauges see regularly?
]]I have a vdo 5 bar gauge I would like to use.  Is it ok to use a lower
]]scale
]]gauge for more accurate lower readings?
]]
]]2.  Has anyone used the Euro GTI oil filter mount as sold by Autotech?
]]Does it
]]accept the same two pressure swithes in the housing?  Ist it truly a bolt
]]on?
]]and lastly, anyone know where I could get it for less than $250
]]
]]3.  Any tips for puchasing,(sources) installing, using an oil cooler?  I
]]am
]]thinking about a 16 row setrab with braided lines and a euro mount.  I
]]would
]]like to find a better price for one as the $500 AutoTech wants seems to
]]be
]]pretty outrageous.

happy motoring
vwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvw
Greg Faust         "I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol"

 84 GTI -bone stock, low miles, black "Got any staight gti wheels for sale?
		previous owner liked curbs."
 87 16v Scirocco -low milage, good running donor
 88 16v Scirocco -typical mods, daily driver, red, pushing 200k miles on
           original drive train.
email: faustge@buffalostate.edu
vwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvw