[question][tech][long]

Hi Guys,
Finally got around to fixing the oil and water leaks on my '84.

 The oil leak was an easy fix, replacing the oil pressure sensor. The bottom of my
car was drenched with oil because it was leaking about a quart a day on my 90 mile
commute. Why did I wait so long. What a mess.

 Leaking water pump seal- I ordered a water pump complete from Mark and things
went well here too. I'm glad he recommended the complete pump, because I broke
two bolts getting the old pump apart so that I could remove the pulley. Things
were going so well I decided to replace my motor mounts, and timing belt while I
had the water pump off. This is where the problems and questions begin.

1. Found out that my A/C  bracket was hosed. (probably why my belt was
squealing and lights would sometimes dim.) no problem here. I pulled out
Christopher Mende's  recent post "A/C removal success" and added that to my list
of stuff to do. What the heck I'm moving to PA who needs A/C?
[Question] Does anyone know if they make pulleys that I can install so that the
Alt. + Water pump + Crankshaft are all the same belt thickness? This is the only
thing Chris' post wasn't clear on.

2. Timing Belt- 2 of the 4 crankshaft pulley bolts rounded out. Spent 3 to 4 hours
pounding then drilling before I got the pulley off. What a pain that was!
[Question] Didn't I just read a post (maybe from I.Mannix), that the timing belt
cover could be left off? I'm gonna come back in a week or so and replace tensioner
and do more mount work. Would rather leave the cover off if possible. Also would
change the belt more often if less of a pain. BTW this is an 8V.

3. Motor mounts- Bigger pain than I wanted at midnight. I removed the load from
the engine using a couple hyd. jacks, and removed the brackets that the mounts
either bolt to, or rest in. The front and rear weren't to bad to get too.  I finally got
out the drivers side out, but couldn't get the rubber part out of the mount. The
passenger side I was unable to get out.
[Question] Do the side mounts need to be pressed out from their holders that they
sit in?
 My guess is I didn't have the car sitting high enough to get the engine low
enough to pull the passenger side mount out. Does this sound possible, or is the
bracket that mounts to the block supposed to come off? Is there a special tool that
alows the mount bracket to be removed from the block? The top allen headed bolt
is to close to the mount to use a regular allen wrench.? I'm sorry if this sounds
confusing I was up most of the night. TIA