91 rocco- buy or not to buy

Hi,

I went to see a 91 1.8i rocco the other day. (black, sunroof, p/s)
It was in perfect condition (no dings, doors fitted into the body like new,
had 76T km on it).
It had powersteering - it wasn't half as bad as I expected. I couldn't turn
the wheel with one finger at least, like in Hondas. Some of you guys know
for sure - does the wheel get heavier on higher speeds? This p/s was also
the only faulty part - it made an ugly noise when the wheel was turned out
to max - any idea what this can be?
Now under the hood - it had the fuel distributer sitting next to the
battery. It made me wonder if maybe my 86 is a weirdo because it has it on
the other side?
Then I tried to accelerate - after all those 250T km my car is still a
whole lot better. Of course when I compared the fuel economy - mine takes
some 50% more and I use a higher grade fuel.

I love my 86 1.8i but it is a bit tired and needs a lot of work.
1. A full and thorough paint-job
2. Before I should get the driverside door to fit.
3. Transmission. It sometimes throws out the second gear
4. It still doesn't start when cold, (maybe bad fuel pump or accumulator)
5. Handbreaks
6. New breaks (discs etc)
7. A million more "little things"

Now the 91 on costs 4000 usd. Then it will still need studies on engine to
make it work properly (talking hp here), koni adjustables, (it can get the
eibach springs from my 86), light alloy rims and wheels, lot of
speed-giving KWs of amplifiers and speakers, etc.
86 is all mine. And it also needs all these things (exept the engine). But
it also needs the 1-7 things.

What you guys think - which is the project to take?

Thanks,
Arno