Re: [scca] Numbers & Multiple Cars

On Wed, 7 Jan 1998 11:22:04 -0800 (PST) Paul Krucke <vwfan53@yahoo.com>
writes:
>In the assignment of numbers for cars, I was wondering if-- If there
>is a particular number (for luck, or other reasons) that is taken,
>what are the procedures for a) buying the number off of the current
>holder of the car number if they aren't 'attached' to it, or b)
>trading?

You saw a "card" system that we have here in San Deigo. Basically once
you get a number, you have the option to keep the same number all season.
Then, if you wish to keep your number for the next season, you have first
rights to the number. Those numbers that are not taken are up for grabs
at the first racwe of the year, first come, first serve. It took me 2
years to get a double didget number. #30 was not my first chioce and #17
didnt look any better so #30 it is! Most of the regulars have double
didget numbers. The rookies have 3 numbers.... Hey, Potterman...... whats
your number again??  :)

That reminds me... I gotta go pay that guy or my number will be on some
other next year!! DOH!

>Next, for SOLO II what are the allowances/procedures for running
>multiple cars in multiple classes?   For example, if I wanted to run
>both my Audi and VW?
>TIA

Cant do it. only one class can be entered. That way you dont drive in a
calss, have the track in your head already and have that advantage. You
cant even run x-runs until after you run your class runs. (Unless your
running x-runs only.)

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and