Re: Hello from Canada

Picture this man, I got an 88 GTi in the same sort of way...

kid drove car, killed clutch, kept driving, broke drivers side mirror
off, cracked the windshield, killed suspension, broke exhaust, and
recieved a lot of tickets for it (20 or so)
So I buy the car for $800 American, started to clean up car (eg vacuumed
out all the pot seeds, took all the stupid hippie druggie stickers,
cleaned out the dash, and found all his tickets.  Replaced the mirror
with a german metal mirror, fixed all the door handles/lockplates, and
started looking at the rest.  I will be getting to more of it two
paychecks from now (putting a softsport suspension on it)  then I get to
fix the clutch, the windshield and the exhaust leak.  put my Scirocco
13" rims on it with good tires drive it and diagnose the rest...sell it
and put the money into my addiction...Sciroccos.

PS.  There might soon be three sciroccos a mi casa MY 85 8V, Housemates
84 8V and new housemates 88 16V.   Yessss!@!@!!@!@#$$%%%^ (eg lots of
excitment)

--
dharma