Re: Hello from Canada

tudor@tvo.org wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> All in all, the car needs a lot of work, but how can you go wrong for $100?
> Heck, it even has the original owner's manual, still in the glove box.  ;-)
>
> So, the stables here at my farm have grown.  My '86 is progressing nicely; I
> added a set of 14" 'Orlando' VW rims with brand spanking new Good Year NCT/2
> 195/60 R14 tires.  Of course, I'm running the Conti SuperContact snow's now,
> as it's the dead of winter here in the cold north.  And, I dumped the
> original plastic shift knob in favour of a leather Momo knob.  Life will
> never be the same.
>
> Cheers,
> -- Mike

	Alright! $100!  That's excellent, speaking about mods, I leathered my
dashboard no more cracks!!!  I also restored an Italian (probably Dino)
shift knob, put some real leather on it.  It has a silver VW symbol with
red background.  The really interesting thing is that it's offset
backward a little bit so I thought it was defective, but when I put it
on and looked at it from the drivers position it's smack on in the
centre. That's amazing, that kind of detail I mean.

vagabond