Re: Scirocco Copyright....?

At 19:20 1/5/98 +0000, you wrote:
>I work as a tour guide for a whitewater rafting company, and one
>model of the rafts that we use is the Scirocco!  They're made in
>Salmon, Idaho, so whether VW knows about the name is in question.
>Just fuel for the fire, I guess...
>
>Carlee

The way I see it is that trademarked names are only contested when the owner
is an idiot with too many lawyers (McDonald's comes to mind) or if the
'offender' is using the name such that the general public would be confused
between the two products. VW DID go after BFY in California, their name used
to be 'Bugs for You' before the lawyers got in there.

Chuck Kuecker

ckuecker@mcs.net

'83 Scirocco (Katy's car now)
'58 Ghia Convert