Re: [to everyone] how low r u?

I Mannix:
I doubt they improve handling.

I don't know if you can really compare the two, but:
	My Mercedes 6.9 has hydraulic suspension and I've driven the 450SEL (same
car, different motor) with conventional suspension.  The 6.9 actually
handles a bit better, but I think the difference is rather negligable- when
you're talking "handling" for a 5000lb, 200+ in. long car, the word
"relative" comes to mind.  And remember, we're talking a stock Mercedes
designed system..
	The big difference between the cars is ride.  The 6.9 literally floats
over bumps. It's probably the smoothest ride I've ever experienced.  Brake
dive is *horrible* though... and as for squat under acceleration? Who
cares? You got 6.9 liters of V8... I never noticed.
	What you guys are talking about with the Lotus is active hydraulic.
Citroen just intorduced their active system on one of their sedans a couple
of years ago... I don't remember which one. It, un like the show systems,
or Mercedes' ride systems, was there to improve handling.  The car pulled
1.21 on the skidpad (THINK ABOUT THAT! What does a stock Rocco pull?  Maybe
a stock 16v could do 0.75?)  They made a really good point about the Citro:
they said it was the most fuel efficient car they'd ever driven; not
because of it's engine, but because they never had to slow down.  Think of
it.  1.21g... that's what? 45mph around a hairpin 90-degree left?  Yum!
	The biggest problem with hydraulic systems is their reliability, though.
They break and they leak... and when they do, count on spending thousands.
	And if anyone wants to test out a hydraulic car, remember, my 6.9 is for
sale (PLEASE!?)

	Jason