Re: [to everyone] how low r u?

At 10:49 PM -0500 01/01/1998, T Jarrett wrote:
>Please don't flame too much!

OK.

>But,  How about hydraulics?
>Has anyone seen them on a Scriocco?

Nope, they seem to be more popular on Impalas:).

>How do they affect handling?  If the pumps aren't on, how does it affect
>the suspenion travel.

I don't know - often wondered this myself.  I'd guess that it acts like a
heavily damped shock, but I really don't know.

>These are just some things I have wondered for a while.
>Are they just for show and looks or do they impove handling?

I'd guess they are show - only.  I've never seen a car set up for
performance with hydraulics, but my experience is limited to watching a few
kids get tossed around the back of an Impala as Dad was showing off his
hardware(pretty damned funny, really), and reading through copies of
Lowrider et al.  I've never seen a tech article that explains them, which
is what I look for - I don't get them (in more ways than one:), but I am
curious to see how they work.  I mean, do they have conventional springs,
or airsprings?  Most of the cars with hydraulics I have seen in person had
rear leaf springs, shrug, dunno, but I doubt they improve handling.

I.Mannix(how was that?)