Re: [to everyone] how low r u?

On Fri, 2 Jan 1998 01:33:19 -0500 Iain Mannix <mannix@privateI.com>
writes:
>>But,  How about hydraulics?
>>Has anyone seen them on a Scriocco?

Not me.

>>These are just some things I have wondered for a while.
>>Are they just for show and looks or do they impove handling?
>
>I'd guess they are show - only.

You know, on a related note, I recall a company... maybe it was Jaguar...
who built a hyd assisted suspension system. ( I remember seeing the in
depth story on one of the TV shows that shows off the new cars.. does the
long term testing ect.. Motor Trends or something.)

Anyways, when the car was going through a slalom, the computer run system
would add hyd pressure to the outside suspension to firm it up and soften
the inside wheels. (Not the tire pressure, the shocks.) It actually
dropped the inside suspension a bit which really helped the outside
camber angles significantly!

>From what I remember, it was a system of sensors a small engine driven
hyd pump and a set of hyd shocks on all 4 corners. It was actually pretty
detailed story and they did a slalom run with the system off and a run
with it on. The narrator was dubiously impressed with the difference it
made. Visibly it made a huge difference and slalom times were much
quicker as a result.

Well, they swore this new hyd technology was the wave of the future in
performance and sedan cars but i've not seen it past that show.

Anyone remember seeing this?

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and