Hey Guys... [help]

Hey y'all.. it's me.  I've managed to make my way to Germany, and wouldn't
it figure, I have a Scirocco problem.  Leave it to me and all of my friends
worldwide to simultaneously get VW's without each of us knowing.... and
then all have problems with them... Anyways, we almost had to push the car
home on the Autobahn last night... so here goes:
	It's a Scirocco CL built in August of 1984 with the 1.6l carbeuretted
engine, 4sp and such.  The problem started about 2 months ago, when Gerrit
(my friend) was on the Autobahn, at top speed it would start to cut out
very quickly and repeatedly.  Then, it would do it at 180, then 170... and
so on, and now it does it all the time.
	It always starts instantly, but it dies without gas.  The car runs fine
only at full throttle in the city, and only with like 1/2 or less throttle
on the highway.  The problem is much worse going up hills, so I suggested
that it's the transfer pump and we got a full tank of gas.
	The prob is a little better, but most certainly not gone...

	Okay... everything else is fine... so do we assume it's the transfer pump?
 Does this car even have one?... or does it just have a main pump?
	When it's acting up (all the time basically), it's like someone is turning
the ignition on and off 2 or 3 times a second.

	HHHEEELLLLPPP!! I'm leaving in 3 days and I need an Autobahn speed fix...
I can't get it out of my system in a car that will only go 30!!!

	Thanks always guys,

	(I'm still looking for cheap Euro lights and stuff....)

			Jason