Re: CAUTION on sunroof, some questions

> On Tue, 30 Dec 1997 07:00:30 +0000 clfitz@ns1.cwv.net writes:
>
> >Now, some questions about my '81:
> >
> >1-My engine says 1.6 H; does this mean it's a JH engine?

To which Shawn answered:

> It says this on the back of the block, right? (Below the #3 & #4 cylinder
> and 6-8 inches from the tranny mount bolts on the back of the block.)
> The "H" (If there is an "H" on the back) means it was manufactured in
> Germany for the Dodge Omni. It was a 1.7L. I've never seen both stamps on
> the back of the block.
> What does the code say on the front??

Hi, folks, soryy it took so long to answer this question; I've been
preoccupied with actually getting the thing running, which it seems
to be doing now.  I hope, anyway; I'm leaving for North Carolina in a
few minutes!  It's about a three-hour trip, so...

Anyway, on the front of the block, just above the #1 cylinder, it
says:  049.103.373  B;   just below the "B", theres the number
37.  Then, just above #3 & #4 cylinders is where it has 1.6  H.

VIN, just in case it's important, is:  WVWCAO53BK021304.

Thanks for all the help, everyone!

Carlee