Re: More H-Stock Basics

johnag@gglbbs.com wrote:

> My next question is (bearing in mind that I want to stay in H-Stock):
>
> 1. Can I put spacers on and stay HS?

Yes.  You can increase track width by 1/4" on each wheel over stock
offset.  Just get longer wheel studs too.

> 2. What tire widths does HS limit me to?

Your car will limit the width of tire you have before the rulebook will.
You just need the widest, lowest tire you can fit on a 14x6 rim without
rubbing the strut housing or fenderwell.

>I think my 94 Jetta originally came with 185s--maybe 195s.

My GLS came with 195s.

--
Jim Buck,
ES #99