Re: [SCCA]HELLO AND THANKS

At 11:52 AM -0500 01/01/1998, Jim Buck wrote:
>Paul Krucke wrote:
>> My E-Stock Scirocco will be set up for this spring as follows;
>>
>>   -2 degrees negative front camber
>
>Yes, I actually think I got too much last season.  The inside tread of
>my tires actually wore a little bit more than the outside!

I've talked to a lot of people about this, and the general consensus is
that a VW is likely to cord on the inside edge before the rest of the tire
is done.  I have tried less camber to get more even tire wear, and I lose
front grip quickly - it seems to be a fact of life that the VW is prone to
cording the inside edge first.

FWIW, I.Mannix