Re: [TECH] Fast Steering

I have been doing VW research since the early '80's, and I have yet to get
a definite answer regarding this issue (to which one or more of us can shed
some light upon, I trust?)...

Did the sportier A1's (i.e. Scirocco, GTI) come with a faster steering box,
or was there one for everything?  SURVEY: How many turns lock-to-lock is an
'86 8v supposed to be?

I believe that the A1 GTi has 3.5 turns lock to lock.

later,
Greg Faust

85 Mazda RX7
86 Jetta Deluxe 2dr
87 GLi
88 Scirocco 16v - (208k miles and counting)